In the current economic climate your marketing has to achieve more for less. Increasingly your website will be the first point of contact with potential new customers and what type of impression are you making? History tells us that businesses that make the right marketing moves now will emerge from the downturn in a stronger position.
One of those ‘right moves’ is maintaining your marketing efforts and your website should be your marketing hub and attract more visitors, hold their attention and sell to them.
Remember, internet marketing is cheaper than other types of media so let’s look at how you can expand and improve the effectiveness of your website.
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) – This is used to improve your listing position in search engines like Google. SEO is the art and science of developing page text, keywords, metatags and subject headings that will get your website listed higher in a search engine’s results page. If you haven’t already done so, then now is the time to invest in hiring a web developer to optimize your site using their knowledge and purpose built tools.
- Lock In Visitors - Keeping people on your website and getting them to return is a key strategy. Some proven methods include informative free reports such as ebooklets and newsletters they can subscribe to from your home page. This strategy also captures their contact details for future marketing campaigns.
- Landing pages should be visually attractive to visitors and introducing rich media such as video can provide a very powerful way of promoting products while a blog provides an informal way to update people on what’s happening with the business and get feedback from visitors. Rework your marketing copy until every single webpage is a perfect sales letter because these improvements will mean better conversion and improved search engine rankings.
- You’ll know what’s working and what needs working on by analysing your website statistics. Are the majority of visitors coming to just one page and then leaving? Are visitors starting a shopping cart but then abandoning it? The answers to these questions will help you and your website designer make the necessary changes to improve your website and increase your return on investment.
- Prominent Contact Details Make it easy for visitors to contact you by listing your phone number and email address on every page. Sounds obvious but so many websites hide this information.